Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them but know they are there



A good friend who is my go-to gal, especially when life gets rough, reminded me of this very saying yesterday... "It's just a bad day, not a bad life".

The day was going as normal, and in one instance, BOOM! Complete 360°. My mood changed from the normal cheery and chipper to downright emotional mess. I couldn't hold back the tears, and my voxer messages were clearly just a complete sobbing blur. And yet the response from her remained the same; support and the simple reminder, tomorrow is a new day. It's a clean slate, a fresh start, begin anew.

My daughters most recent obsession for a movie is "Annie". As the scene for 'The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow' came on and blared through the house for the fourth time, I was simply reminded that the sun WILL come out tomorrow and today is a new day. So lesson learned, we all have our moments, our days, even our weeks and months, but rock bottom is where we build the strongest foundations from... Here's to tomorrow...

Xoxo
KD

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to class with you! Should be a fun term!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ability to be introspective is a gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete